X Message site
(The message will disappear after 2 seconds)

>Important!

We strongly encourage you to readRules section "Android - device"

New themes should be created onlyroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

16 pagesV<123456>
>Philips Xenium S398 - Discussion| | | Smartphone, 5 "
zoorgt
Message#1
12.01.15, 22:30
Local
[Offline]

Group:Friends w3bsit3-dns.com
Date: 07/18/14
Philips S398

DiscussionPhilips S398
PicturePhilips Xenium S398
Description | Discussion | PHILIPS CLUB

Specifications
Posted image

Screen: TFT IPS 5 '' 720x1280, capacitive touch;
Processor: quad-core MediaTek MT6582M, 1.3 GHz;
Graphics Accelerator: Mali-400 MP;
Operating system: Android 4.4;
RAM: 1 GB;
Built-in memory: 8 GB;
memory card support: microSD up to 32GB;
Communication: 2G (SIM1 + SIM2): GSM 850/900/1800/1900 MHz, 3G (SIM1 + SIM2): WCDMA 900/2100 MHz;
SIM: microSIM + microSIM (alternate communication mode);
Wireless interfaces: Wi-Fi 802.11 b / g / n, Bluetooth 4.0, Miracast;
Navigation: GPS, A-GPS;
Cameras: main - 8 megapixel (flash, autofocus), front - 2 megapixels;
Sensors: illumination, approximation;
Battery: 2 040 mAh, removable;
Dimensions: 143.7 x 71.1 x 9.65 mm;
Weight: 170 grams.

Useful and Root
Recovery
Installing recovery TWRP and Philz
1) Download to computer SP_Flash_ToolHttp: //mtk2000.ucoz.ru...sp_flash_tool/5-1-0-14
2) Download the very recoveryTWRP_2.8.5.0 TWRP_2.8.7.0 TWRP_3.0.0.0 PhilZ 6
3) Download Drivers and install//w3bsit3-dns.com/forum/dl/post/3044460/Drivers.zip
4) Open SP_Flash_Tool and in the scatter-loading file window we find the file in the recovery folder with the format txt and it should look like this:
[Attachment = "6318874: Untitled.png"]

5) Next click download, we see that the checkmark was just opposite the RECOVERY !!!
[Attachment = "6318906: Untitled.png"]
6) Turn off the smartphone and connect to the computer. It takes 5-10 seconds and TWRP is set (a circle with a green checkmark appears on the computer screen) then turn on the device. If nothing happens, in 90% of cases, what is not to stand the driver under the phone and they need to be re-installed.Thank you very much forumchaninu ewgesha89 !!!!
firmware
tests

Who puts the stock firmware through flashtool, remove the tick from the Preloader, otherwise you can get a brick!

Topic with no curator. For filling caps please contact the moderators section through a buttonPicturea message that you need to add links.

Post has been editedvelikashkin - 23.02.17, 15:35
Brame
Message#22
03.10.15, 19:07
Visitor
[Offline]

Group:users Online
Date: 09/25/12
Philips S398

I have a firmware version of V04. In the settings - about the device - the system update says that this is the latest version. But somewhere read: "The latest and stable version of V08."

He put LOLLIFOX and MIUI V6 and V7 (Thank you, the authors of custom firmware), But returned to stock1448_V04A_CISBecause of the speed, and the battery is not so quickly consumed. Therefore, I believe that the pursuit of updates on this device does not make sense, as long as there is no "candy" for him, and this is another story ...
delta_integral
Message#23
11.10.15, 16:50
Local
[Offline]

Date: 09/10/15
Philips S398

I have two such models. Both are bought in Svyaznom. The first for 7990 at the end of December 2014, the second at the beginning of July 2015 for 7490. December broke in the summer, slapping them on the knee - the screen blinked and went out. Long read reviews on phones, eventually took the same device again, although he brought me to white heat.
I confirm the feedback of those who note the basking processor. Also I do not recommend using the phone while it is charging. It really heats up to such an extent that it affects the correct operation of the sensor. For example, playing in Gran Turismo 2 via the emulator epsxe, periodically every couple of minutes denies the lower part of the screen. Simply put, the arrows on the left side of the screen and the buttons on the right do not work. How it enrages, I think, it is understandable. The same happens when other emulators and applications are running, if the phone starts to warm up.
Very slowly charges both through the network, and by usb. And the most frustrating thing is that sometimes the battery is charged very quickly, and sometimes the phone left at night with 20%, barely gets 80%.
I use only one sim card, I forced 2G in the settings. In the Internet I go out through Wi-Fi. No complaints, except for one detail. The phone itself works better with the included wi-fi. Virtually no brakes. I know this perfectly, because I used the first S398 for almost four months only for surfing via Wi-Fi, for games, reading, photos. In it there was no sim card, like a phone I did not use it. Everything changed in April, it was worthwhile to put SIM on MF. The censorship of the sensor began. The phone began to turn on more slowly, the brakes in the applications began. My nerves were trembling fairly, I regularly slapped both the screen and the lid. Surprisingly, he kept the blows, nothing broke. But at the end of June, as I already wrote, after strong cotton, it broke.
The second phone has exactly the same jambs as the first one. The same problems with sound: first it's quiet, then a jump in loudness follows. Judging by the feedback from other Chinese phones, this problem is very common.
On the previous pages, one girl wrote that she once had incomplete hieroglyphs when turned on. I had a similar situation when I extracted a battery from a working phone: when I turned on, I had to see the Chinese alphabet. I just turned off / on the phone and it was okay.
Flash drive for 16 GB - a little, I recommend to take on 32 GB. The camera is really good, but the green turns somewhat acid. It happens that the picture is a stripe, i.e. The photo is divided into a blurred strip, then a sharp one, then again blurry and again sharply. It seems that the camera is blown up to 8 mp programmatically. Nevertheless, in the settings I put the maximum quality: all the same, the difference between 5 mp and 8 mp is noticeable. Of course, even a 5 megapixel camera on the old Nokia N95 8 GB, (I use it as a second phone) is much better than on the S398, but the Filips wins in speed. Therefore I shoot almost always with this phone - for quality it's enough quality.
Since pdf works tolerably, if the files are too large, the pages will be loaded for a very long time, and when you exit the application, the brake slideshow in the phone menu is not disabled. Generally, this device should get used to regularly clean the cache.
No rutes and other manipulations did not. All programs from the market. A great help is Total Comnander, because with it you can put any melody for any notification. I explain: for example, in the calendar of a melody it is possible to choose only from the standard list. The same with the alarm clock. So Total Commander is irreplaceable. Since the standard organizer is simply shabby, it's set by isoTimer.
The sound quality in the player on the default settings is terrible, but the equalizer allows you to bring the sound to a level above the average. Headphones from Nokia are not suitable - for some reason the background is a characteristic pulsing sound.
Actually on the phone part - calls, sms - no complaints, but if possible, I try to use the N95 for this - better than anything, they will never come up with anything.

If shortly: buy S398 or not? I do not recommend it. Especially dissuade to take beushny.
zoorgt
Message#24
28.01.16, 16:09
Local
[Offline]

Philips S398

AnTuTu Benchmark test + specifications

Approximately 20,000 parrots on the stock firmware-V04A: rolleyes:
Screenshots
Posted image

Posted image
Posted image

Posted image
Posted image

Posted image
Posted image

Posted image

--------------------
For new flagship can not keep up.....
zoorgt
Message#25
28.01.16, 16:28
Local
[Offline]

Philips S398

Instructions for updating the stock firmware from off site. Through the stock recovery

1. Download the software
2. Place the update file in the root of the memory card.
3. Turn off the phone.
4. Press and hold the power key and the volume key up (plus).
5. Press the power key once.
6. Using the minus key, select the "apply update from sdcard" option and confirm the volume key up.
7. Select the update file and confirm the selection with the volume key up.
8. When the software update process is complete, select "reboot system now" and press the volume key up.

However, the report that after the replacement of the software manufacturer recommends performing a factory reset: Menu - Settings - recovery and reset - reset - reset your phone. I draw your attention to the fact that all the user information from the memory of the phone (contacts, SMS / MMS-messages, downloaded applications) will be deleted.

Post has been editedzoorgt - 28.01.16, 16:37

--------------------
Formula76
Message#26
02.02.16, 20:58
a guest
[Offline]

Group:users
Date: 01/21/16

MIUI V7 5.9.17 From DarkZombi

* zoorgt,, Excellent firmware, a lot of convenience. Recently came the update, downloaded! It was asked to reboot and ... rebooted in the recovery. I was looking for a search in the recovery as it was there to tattoo and .. did not update. Maybe someone has already updated it? Does it really need? What are the consequences, convenience and inconvenience? Thanks for answers)))
zoorgt
Message#27
02.02.16, 21:04
Local
[Offline]

Philips S398

Formula76 @ 02.02.2016, 21:58*
* zoorgt,, Excellent firmware, a lot of convenience. What are the consequences, convenience and inconvenience? Thanks for answers)))

You can not try to upgrade in this way, it will not work.
Tomorrow I'll take off MIUI 5.11.12.
There will be an upgrade file to it and a separate firmware of this version.
On the account of the update file I do not know exactly whether it works or not.

Post has been editedzoorgt - 02.02.16, 21:05

--------------------
zoorgt
Message#28
02.02.16, 21:10
Local
[Offline]

Philips S398

Formula76 @ 02.02.2016, 21:58*
* zoorgt,, About whether it is necessary in general? What are the consequences, convenience and inconvenience?

Here is a list of changes if you upgrade to 5.11.
Http://miuipro.ru/obzor-obnovleniya-miui-5-11-5/

--------------------
Formula76
Message#29
02.02.16, 21:38
a guest
[Offline]

Date: 01/21/16

* zoorgt,, Promptly, thank you!
zoorgt
Message#30
04.02.16, 18:26
Local
[Offline]

Philips S398

MIUI Upgrade File to V7 (5/11/12)

To install through recovery, try, it is not tested. Later I will throw off the firmware V7 (5.11.12)
download link

Post has been editedzoorgt - 04.02.16, 18:46

--------------------
Philin65001
Message#31
07.02.16, 06:21
a guest
[Offline]

Date: 01/12/14
Philips Xenium W6500

Hello. Here I decided to share my joy, as it was possible to raskpirichit this device testpoint. At first the V12A had a well-known bug of firmware that I soon decided to fix with the V05A firmware, but unfortunately I forgot to make "Wipe" and the endless download of the "Philips" logo was obtained. Soon I found the firmware under "FlashTool" version V04A with "needrom.com" by the link that led from "mdforum.ru". I downloaded the firmware, drivers, Flashtool installed on the PC, I started to flash everything as it was written in the instructions."Frimaware upgrade" The device flashed, the flash player wrote "Ok" and the phone no longer reacts to buttons not on the wire "Usb" verdig is clear "Brick". Started to drip found out about the testpoint and 4 5 contact. I decided to start with cantacts because I was not already familiar with the testpoint, but the results were not visible. Soon I found the very point of the testpoint, though it was a method of typing, but fortunately there was nothing critical, then I dripped in flashes because V04A did not want to get on the device because of the unsuitable "Preloadera" found FlashTool v5.1548.00.000 from the caps in the flash units section . I was waiting for some kind of firmware under the flashlight and a miracle appeared V14A. I downloaded it and put the body on and it woke up from the scorching but immediately put V04A without the "Preloader" and successfully bore and turned on. While I think potestit it and then we'll see.
The spoiler shows Testpoint and what to do with it.
When the closure appears, "Mtk Usb Port" is what you need

TestPoint
Posted image

Posted image

Posted image
paladiy
Message#32
08.03.16, 00:32
Experienced
[Offline]

Date: 06/17/13

Eh guys that something has suffered portanul, put through the flash
TWRP 2.8.7.0
Download

TWRP 3.0.0.0 (Latest version)
download

Post has been editedpaladiy - 08.03.16, 09:07
paladiy
Message#33
12.03.16, 21:07
Experienced
[Offline]

Repeatedly had to rutnut through Kingo ROOT.

Route already built in is included in the developer options

Posted on 12/03/2016, 21:07:

GrouRY @ 11.03.2016, 17:22*
By the way in your stock with two Sims sometimes fall off the first Sim card.

GrouRY @ 11.03.2016, 17:22*
By the way in your stock with two Sims sometimes fall off the first Sim card.

Try but better make backup, and then I did not put it, because I do not use an Internet phone
Attached fileModem_Fantom.zip ( 3,26 )
paladiy
Message#34
16.03.16, 20:18
Experienced
[Offline]

Attached filerecovery.img ( 7,12 )
PhilZ 6
paladiy
Message#35
16.03.16, 23:15
Experienced
[Offline]

Posted image

About firmware
Fast, smooth, stable firmware based on Android 5.1.1

Download

Screenshots
Posted imagePosted imagePosted image

Gapps

Post has been editedpaladiy - 28.03.16, 23:08
paladiy
Message#36
16.03.16, 23:25
Experienced
[Offline]

Posted image
Bun in sound only for Cyanogen mod 12-12.1-13
Attached fileDivineBeatsByTheRoyalSeeker_V4.0.zip ( 40,48 )

Just flash and reboot (when you start the player, select TURN OFF)

Post has been editedpaladiy - 16.03.16, 23:34
Abdul21093
Message#37
21.03.16, 23:54
User
[Offline]

Date: 09/23/14

You run SPFTool, you select 2 files:
1 processor driver (AllInOne.bin approximate
Name) in the folder all the same SPFTool
2 floppy-notepad from the firmware ...
In advance, they extracted all the files from the archive into one
Dad (clean)
Further find in Options (the top panel of the program) and
Click on Connection, click the check mark on the line all DL ad or
As there her ...
Click on the start and plug in the smartphone.
If it was not possible, then connect the smartphone and then press
start...
There is a choice: All + Download, Firmware Upgrade.
All + Download from scratch records the system, exactly as
Is written in the scatterer, it removes IMEI and some
License (personally from me ....)
IMEI is easy to recover. But the license is only
Only through the Gapps package and custom recovery ...
Well, at least a brick will not only be for nuts.
I hope that helps.

Help please I can not understand what to do in the second paragraph. thank you in advance
Kravzov
Message#38
23.03.16, 16:52
beginner
[Online]

Group:users Online
Date: 30.06.10
Philips S398

FirewoodHttp: //mtk2000.ucoz.ru.../mtk_usb_all/2-1-0-106And Google to help

Post has been editedKravzov - 23.03.16, 16:54

--------------------
Philips s398 Resurrection-Remix-LP-v5.5.9
velikashkin
Message#39
24.03.16, 10:27
[Offline]

Group:Moderators
Date: 31.05.12
Asus ZenFone 2 Laser ZE500KL

M
Topic Curators appointedpaladiy

--------------------
paladiy
Message#40
29.03.16, 20:15
Experienced
[Offline]

Last update

CyanogenMod 12.1 (5.1.1)

Posted image

Screenshots
Posted imagePosted image

Download

Gapps

setting
1. Put TWRP
2. We throw the firmware archive to the root of the memory card.
3. Go to the rekaveri, holding the Volume Up button + hold it, insert the PC connected to the USB cable and wait for the download rekaveri.
4. Now do before installing a wipe for that select the item Wipe and format options> Factory Reset> Wipe Cache and all with a wipe we finished.
5. Exit the Wipe. Poke Install zip> Choose zip from / external_sd select the file with the firmware, install. (Followed after installing the firmware, do not forget to flash Gapps`y)
6. Finish Gapps`y firmware and installed, you can restart.

Post has been editedpaladiy - 13.09.16, 21:56
paladiy
Message#41
31.03.16, 21:46
Experienced
[Offline]

My question is this. After the firmware on Cyan 12.1, in Youtube, the video quality is maximum 360p. How can I fix it so that I can watch in hd?

Try.Attached fileCM12.1_Fix_youtube_720p.zip ( 3,4 )

16 pagesV<123456>

mobile versionNow is: 11 hours ago