X Message site
(The message will disappear after 2 seconds)
2 pagesV<12
>Samsung GT-I8800 / GT-I8805 Redwood - Discussion| | | Smartphone, 5 ''
Lindström
Message#1
02.10.14, 21:01
Towards demonopolization
[Offline]

Group:banned
Date: 27/10/13
Samsung Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910H

DiscussionSamsung Redwood GT-I8800 / GT-I8805
PictureSamsung GT-I8800 / GT-I8805 Redwood Tizen
Discussion | Constantly supplemented review | service codes

Additional photos
Posted image
Posted image
Posted image
Posted image
Characteristics:
  • Processor: 4-core, the core of Cortex-A9 (presumably, Exynos 4412);
  • Memory: 1 GB of RAM, 16 GB of internal memory, a microSD slot;
  • Screen: 5 "1280x720, multitouch;
  • Network: 1 SIM card, support 2G, 3G, 4G;
  • Other: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, FM radio.

Topic with no curator. For filling caps please contact the moderators section through a buttonPicturea message that you need to add links.

Post has been editedLindström - 24.10.14, 21:31
Lindström
Message#22
16.10.14, 14:36
Towards demonopolization
[Offline]

* Oasis52,
Yes, only so with the keyboard and cope. The dialer works so well, there are no problems, the buttons are large.
At the same time I check the service codes. Many codes work from the Galaxy line, I'll try to lay out in the near future everyone working with an explanation in the cap.

Posted on 10/16/2014, 14:36:

By the way, according to the information found in the network, version 8805 does not have 4G.

--------------------
Nintendo Game Boy Advance SP>Sony PSP 3008>HTC Sensation XE>Acer Iconia Tab W700>Samsung Redwood>Samsung Galaxy Note 4
They are limited to 300 characters.
F-light
Message#23
17.10.14, 06:50
Veteran
[Offline]

Date: 19.06.10
Samsung Galaxy S5 Duos SM-G900FD

This is not Android? !! Why then the topic in this section?
Lindström
Message#24
17.10.14, 14:40
Towards demonopolization
[Offline]

* F-light,
There is no other.

By sabzh: it turned out that he holds the battery with a bang, if you turn off WiFi. Although the week will work. But with vayfaem gorges as not in itself, while it clings badly. In my opinion this is a bug of the firmware.

--------------------
Nintendo Game Boy Advance SP>Sony PSP 3008>HTC Sensation XE>Acer Iconia Tab W700>Samsung Redwood>Samsung Galaxy Note 4
Wolchara4444
Message#25
18.10.14, 02:19
a guest
[Offline]

Group:users
Date: 18/10/14

Guys, I'm the same Alexei, who gave these modelki. :)
I will say at once - yes, we closely cooperate with Samsung, and from time to time we destroy the prototypes. The lion's share has to be destroyed. Similar samples - a rarity (in this case - from 500 pieces survived about 30, for the whole world). They are priceless - this is an exclusive, with a cost of several hundred K $, but they do not cost anything either. Usual "dialers", without soft support.
A little bit about the history of these devices ... They were created for developers, with a view to further development of "their" content under a certain platform (Samsung has repeatedly thought to get rid of android). They were released on the basis of S4 (planned release in 2013). Samsung has already tried to launch similar projects, but so far it is at the level of prototypes. It was these models (Redwood) that were issued exactly 500 pieces, in different form factors. Those pictures that the guys posted are already pre-sale models. There were 2 versions (here pictures only one version, differed in the form of buttons). Both did not start. Announce wanted in Russia and India, but did not find it cost-effective - the developers refused, because To develop an application for an unpopular and unknown axis is not profitable, and Samsung, weighing everything, decided that selling the product without due developer support, that is, a zero product, is not profitable ... Such a merry-go-round. :) We decided to launch "budget" models of phones, but in India, and from these models to promote Tizen ... Watch and telly on Tizen - are already produced.

What we have. Really smart smart without any support, but with a minimum of built-in applications that are already lacking ... As for the various minuses in different revisions - there is a service firmware, but those on 2.1 - the platform is completely modified, the battery "buggy" is not All devices! ;) I'm in the waiting mode with simka and WaFay lay for 2 weeks. VaiFay did not fly ..;) Everything works stably. Because of the broken screens, it is inconvenient to move icons, there are also zones where the buggies are "buggy" and the keyboard too - you have to turn ... the glass itself can only be made to order (there are no touch buttons). I'm already confused - cut out inexpensively ... To make the edging in the style of mahogany - also not a problem - a friend's typography. I left myself a pair of devices, for fun, not for sale ... Five pieces - handed out under the experience. There are still 20 pieces with completely broken modules, but they are also under press, since There are no screens on them (the module suffered completely). Considering that I do not like Android, but - Tayzen would take himself. Works very quickly and quickly. Impressions have pleased, even if you remove the effect of "exclusivity". ;)
Lindström
Message#26
19.10.14, 15:30
Towards demonopolization
[Offline]

* Wolchara4444,
* Wolchara4444,
Thanks for the explanation, it's now clear how these prototypes get into the atmosphere. However, the following remained:
1) Why destroy prototypes? Is it really impossible to distribute them?Children from the orphanageEmployees, acquaintances, collectors, and just interested in? All the same, after all, in the furnace, it means that you can give it for free or "for juice" ... Well, or take it for yourself.Long dreamed of finding a source of "sloppy" electronics, tk. I am interested and collect, therefore never anything used. I do not sell, I leave it to memory.
2) Why immediately "zero product"? Promised converter apk2tpk, and this is a lemon application! By the way, if not secret, where is he?
3) Where can I get at least one application for checking workability? Anything, at least from the clock.

And so, in general, it is clear. They will start the budget in November, open the market-trample and applications. Thank you for clarifying. And, incidentally, with those 20 broken, you need to remove the batteries and backs, so that they are like accessories, for those who have such devices.

--------------------
Wolchara4444
Message#27
19.10.14, 20:30
a guest
[Offline]

Group:users
Date: 18/10/14

Lindstrom. I'll try to answer the remaining questions, within my competence. ;)

1. Usually such samples are given almost under the signature, tk. Who is responsible for the non-disclosure of information about the product and various commercial secrets (of which Samsung has a bulk, and here is a pre-production sample). These prototypes are the property of the Samsung company, prior to their disposal. It's not up to charity, it's purely business. ;) Sell prototypes Samsung would never have, for him it's like throwing a cigarette that is not smoked. Now it does not matter anymore. Has no commercial interest, no one will be engaged in them and will be easier to dispose of.
A huge amount of new equipment goes under the press, even because of the crumpled box (when transporting the goods, this happens often). This is done so as not to clog the "secondary" market, and to buy new ones.

2. "Zero product" - not exactly my wording, so counted the head of the company Samsung. To applications, I do not have a relationship, and I'm probably less aware of you. ;)
3. Again - I can not give information, but on this forum somewhere something was on the clock ...

In occasion of backdrops - hardly any of you they are required, in Russia they are for several people in different performances. Pre-series samples - a maximum of 5-6 people ... As for the batteries - they are produced serially, for the existing model (S4 or S3, I do not remember anymore).

Something like this :)
Lindström
Message#28
24.10.14, 21:27
Towards demonopolization
[Offline]

Service codes!

* # 7353 # Test the main functions of the phone
Posted image

* # 0 * # Screen test and multiple functions
Posted image

* # 0228 # Battery Information
Posted image

* # 0283 # Microphone test
Posted image

* # 0842 # The vibrator test
Posted image

* # 9782 # Show date and time (analog number 100)
Posted image

* # 1234 # Information about the firmware according to the data of the modem
Posted image

* # 0000 # Information about the firmware and the kernel
Posted image

* # 1111 # Information about the software of the modem
Posted image

* # 2222 # Information about the firmware of the modem hardware
Posted image

* # 03 # Unique device number
Posted image

* # 05 # Vibration against the background of a monochrome screen
Posted image

* # 06 # Learn IMEI
Posted image

* # 12580 * 369 # Brief information about the versions
Posted image

Post has been editedLindström - 24.10.14, 21:29

--------------------
Lindström
Message#29
27.10.14, 20:01
Towards demonopolization
[Offline]

So, winter began its offensive, and the temperature "overboard" fell below zero ... And Redwood showed his complete inability to cold. From the location in the frost (not strong, only about -3) starts to malfunction tach and accelerator, it becomes difficult to use. The music player is off and starts to spin everything, breaking off after 10-15 seconds. The camera does not work well, if at all. The battery manages to be discharged for one hundred percent in half an hour. At room temperature, there is nothing like this, everything works as it should. If to compare with the Sensation, then there is nothing like this in the frost, and at -20 it works normally (well, as normal ... it never works normally, but we will assume that this is normal) and it does not burst so quickly. In a word, Samsung Redwood is not designed for Russian winter.

In addition, today gave a smartphone to a friend-she immediately expressed her dissatisfaction with the fact that the tach worked badly everywhere (and after the ITC it was normal for me ...), the browser was uncomfortable, Doodle Jump Online did not play fleshy. (It never entered my head to play a browser on the smartphone!). But the power button, on its sight, is conveniently located o.O Imho, this placement on the side is just awful, opposite the volume buttons, all the time you grab and generally uncomfortable.

And there was some thought about updating the OS and programs. Now, when I try to update, I get a failure when I connect. I understand that, since the OS is not yet released "into the world," then the servers are lying. And in December everything will be. We are waiting.

--------------------
Lindström
Message#30
13.11.14, 17:46
Towards demonopolization
[Offline]

So, urratovarisch! My familiar programmer said that the OS of the device is suitable for development and development! So, we will live and be healthy. Moreover, he managed to translate the built-in Broadcom BCM4335 WiFi-module into the monitor mode (who knows why it is necessary, he will understand, and who does not know, that's not necessary)! But for the time being this was done only through connecting to a computer on Linux, and no functionality was achieved due to the lack of suitable software. The same Aircrack ng run on the smartphone did not succeed.
And more good news:Http://w3bsit3-dns.com/2014/11/13/185277/Tizen will be released next week! And this means that if Samsung starts the server earlier, for example, on Sunday or Monday, then I can download some application or even an update!

--------------------
Sergey_Ace
Message#31
06.12.14, 23:50
Innovator
[Offline]

Group:Moderators
Date: 04.12.06
LeEco Le Max 2

M
The topic was moved to a permanent residence in the section "Other OS.

--------------------
Lindström
Message#32
06.02.15, 11:28
Towards demonopolization
[Offline]

By the way, the application store is already running at full capacity. However, because of the inaccessibility in Russia, it will be necessary to go back to the application, but I'll check it out.

But for those who doubt: the Russian government plans this year to completely switch to Tizen, in particular to purchase Samsung smartphones and other manufacturers, as well as to begin their Russian production. Fly, Texet, Highscreen and a few more companies received an offer for contracts. The first bell:Https: //touch.hi-tech....s-tizen.html#poll_1541

--------------------
Dr. Mario
Message#33
06.10.16, 17:30
I make the world better
[Offline]

Group:Honorary Gameday
Date: 06.11.11
Samsung Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910C

M
The topic is closed due to irrelevance. On the topic opening topic, please contact the section moderators, using the buttonPicture

--------------------

2 pagesV<12

mobile versionNow is: 12 hours ago