X Message site
(The message will disappear after 2 seconds)
2 pagesV12>
>Samsung GT-I8800 / GT-I8805 Redwood - Discussion| | | Smartphone, 5 ''
Lindström
Message#1
02.10.14, 21:01
Towards demonopolization
[Offline]

Group:banned
Date: 27/10/13
Samsung Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910H

DiscussionSamsung Redwood GT-I8800 / GT-I8805
PictureSamsung GT-I8800 / GT-I8805 Redwood Tizen
Discussion | Constantly supplemented review | service codes

Additional photos
Posted image
Posted image
Posted image
Posted image
Characteristics:
  • Processor: 4-core, the core of Cortex-A9 (presumably, Exynos 4412);
  • Memory: 1 GB of RAM, 16 GB of internal memory, a microSD slot;
  • Screen: 5 "1280x720, multitouch;
  • Network: 1 SIM card, support 2G, 3G, 4G;
  • Other: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, FM radio.

Topic with no curator. For filling caps please contact the moderators section through a buttonPicturea message that you need to add links.

Post has been editedLindström - 24.10.14, 21:31
atom63
Message#2
02.10.14, 21:43
Life is a beautiful thing
[Offline]

Group:Friends w3bsit3-dns.com
Date: 05.05.12
Xiaomi Mi 2S

So they did not release the previous one, why the new one?

--------------------
Lindström
Message#3
02.10.14, 21:50
Towards demonopolization
[Offline]

* atom63,
what do you mean why? Is one enough? One was not released, so released another, easier. That is great!

PS. Now lucky owners will come running, so please: make a more or less detailed review, write the characteristics and attach the pictures. And then little info.

--------------------
Nintendo Game Boy Advance SP>Sony PSP 3008>HTC Sensation XE>Acer Iconia Tab W700>Samsung Redwood>Samsung Galaxy Note 4
They are limited to 300 characters.
Reiske
Message#4
03.10.14, 17:07
a guest
[Offline]

Group:users
Date: 07/11/13

Good afternoon! They asked me to tell a little bit about the phone samsung gt-i8800 redwood tizen.
I beg your pardon, but I can not write treatises and pour water.
At the very time in my pocket now 3 phones
Samsung galaxy ace
Samsung galaxy s2pluse (in what difference from s2 I did not understand - can someone answer in detail)
Newly made samsung gt-i8800 tizen
Little lyrical digression about the appearance of the phone
I met a man about 5 years ago and periodically communicate, after some time I fell into contact with him less often due to the fact that the family, the child. Day off, Sunday, I am engaged in house chores at home, suddenly a call is heard. Lech calls and informs me of the news that shocked me. We chatted until one in the morning, and the reason for the call was just Samsung gt-i8800 tizen.
Agreed that on Monday after work I'll drop by and pick up the phone. Monday comes an evening, tired after work as the last negro from the quarry, rushing straight to him behind the apparatus. I took it and poked it back.
Unfortunately I got without charging, a box and specially broken glass (who can tell where you can cut the glass?)
While driving to the car, which he threw on the outskirts of Moscow old, discharged 2 phones in zeros ....
These phones were tizen and s2plus, tk. It was interesting to pokapat that he can.
The device is very smart compared to s2plus.
Here is the technical side of the apparatus
Cortex-A9 processor
Memory 2GB
Flash Drive - MicroSD
SIM - MicroSIM
System memory 12GB
Display 720
Inet 4G LTE
Wi-fi
GPS
Bluetooth
NFC
And every garbage ....

Are pre-installed Yandex applications
Maps, navigation (which displays traffic jams, but the name of streets and houses and roads are not drawn - most likely the jamb in the application), the metro, the train ... ..
For 3 day of possession of the phone - the whole Internet has climbed in search of at least some application for taisen, but all is unsuccessful ... ..
There is some kind of online converter apk2tpk that does not work, and it's also possible to convert applications from bad, but they should be in the repository and you need to put Tizen SDK development (similar to eclipse - maybe it is) - it's about sad, in principle if For fooling, then you can write and self-made games on html5 and js as in the good old days. Although I am a programmer in the past, I do not want to know how to deal with programming languages ​​again and I do not want to. Tyson Store now does not work yet, but given that it is already coming soon and it's already possible to argue as an application salesman and the end user, I think the supermarket will open soon.
On the job I can say that the operating system is no longer a raw product in contrast to the small ones that wrote the axis and immediately threw it into the teeth of users .......
Just today, a small jamb connected with a battery and charging was seen ... .. today, once again landed the phone at 0 and turned on the charging, turned on the animal and oh, downloading the CPU 80-99% ... eventually recharging CPU utilization dropped to ~ 10 %.
In general - the device is wonderful and the price for it is now something in the region of a few hundred thousand dollars (this is if you take: the cost of the phone + development + the maximum number of phones was released around 500pcs, I know that 300 phones are accurately disposed of). Nits would be distributed to people ......
Impressions are twofold ... .. I want a couple of toys for him and several applications - and they are not and will not be in the near future, for how the toy is very pleased that the OS is stable that performance.
We are waiting for applications and toys and you can buy smart on tayzen when they leave.
This is my personal opinion, who does not agree with me, I'll listen to yours ....

Who is interested in something more - ask questions!
atom63
Message#5
03.10.14, 18:14
[Offline]

Xiaomi Mi 2S

Reiske,I would like to see a photo

Post has been editedatom63 - 03.10.14, 18:14

--------------------
Oasis52
Message#6
03.10.14, 21:55
User
[Offline]

Samsung Galaxy S7 EDGE SM-G935F

Atom63 @ 03.10.2014, 19:14*
I would like to see a photo

Atom63 @ 03.10.2014, 19:14*
I would like to see a photo

What exactly is to be seen? There is such a machine on the tizen.
Lindström
Message#7
03.10.14, 22:08
Towards demonopolization
[Offline]

* Oasis52,
Well, the pictures of the device itself, screenshots of the interface (and if you can more, after all the first real tizenoid), the general impression ...

--------------------
Nintendo Game Boy Advance SP>Sony PSP 3008>HTC Sensation XE>Acer Iconia Tab W700>Samsung Redwood>Samsung Galaxy Note 4
atom63
Message#8
03.10.14, 23:14
[Offline]

Xiaomi Mi 2S

Oasis52,Fully agree with the author of the post above

--------------------
Reiske
Message#9
04.10.14, 08:13
a guest
[Offline]

I attached a photo like) I do not know if it's normal
Posted image
Posted image
Posted image

Posted image
Posted image
Posted image

Posted image
Posted image
Posted image

Posted image
Posted image
Posted image

Posted image
Posted image
Posted image

Posted image
Posted image
Posted image

Post has been editedSergey_Ace - 04.10.14, 12:21
Reason for edit: Under spoiler
atom63
Message#10
04.10.14, 13:52
[Offline]

Xiaomi Mi 2S

Reiske,Also it would be nice to see comparative photos with other devices, if any. Well, examples of photos from the camera b.

--------------------
Reiske
Message#11
04.10.14, 17:22
a guest
[Offline]

Today covered tayzon ... BOLSya burned and removed the glass before the heating is finished. Perhaps to the next. I will rise on Monday. Hunch :(

Posted 04.10.2014, at 17:22:

Sizes of plosh on s3
Reiske
Message#12
04.10.14, 19:41
a guest
[Offline]

Honestly, if it works, I'll be glad to asshole! Would not have regretted s2pluse and galaxy ace for the sake of the tyson even if it were not byloby for them nifiga ....
Lindström
Message#13
11.10.14, 20:15
Towards demonopolization
[Offline]

So, cheers comrades! I got this very apparatus! I will use, understand, adjust-rebuild, in short, use. It is even possible that he will be my smartphone for the next year, so Samsung is risking to lose 34,990 rubles, you know from what device: D And we'll see. So far, keep:
A small review of the Samsung GT-I8800

So, a little prehistory. For the new year of 2012, at my request, HTC Sensation XE was presented to me. I chose a smartphone for myself from the maximum of everything and for several years of operation. At least for 4 years. However, in a month it became clear that for 4 years he definitely will not live with me, tk. For normal work of Android is clearly not enough two cores, one and a half gigahertz and twenty-one thousand rubles. By my own foolishness I was frightened of the size of Samsung Galaxy Note 1 and preferred it. And then I firmly decided: my next device will not be exactly on the android, and the point. Let it be better on MeeGo (I also looked at the nine for finding!). However, over time, smartphones have become more powerful, and the android is smoother, so I sort of got scared of the android and after three years of torment I decided to take Note 4. Three months in the service, two hours from the battery and other delights are attached.
So il, otherwise, but unexpectedly, my prediction about the android (and his absence) came true! My new smartphone is really not on the same OS, but on Tizen.

Appearance, design, dimensions
Sabz got to me without any packaging and documentation (however, I doubt that he ever had). And yes, with a broken screen. However, this did not affect its performance. By design, the device is quite common, see the photo. The back removable lid is made of plastic deshes of a la fixpice, exactly like SGS3, SGS4, SGN2 and others, it is very beautiful and pleasant to the touch, but if you buy a thirty thousand device, then the customers' discontent can be understood, well, can not So much to cost a smartphone with such a cover. Although, I repeat, it is light, beautiful and pleasant to the touch. From myself I will add that personally to my ideas about the materials all of the above (about fix-price-plastic) does not apply, I liked it. On the side is a silver plastic frame. The color is pleasant burgundy, the back cover is made like a grid with silvery cells and very beautifully shines.
As for the sizes, the subject is wider and longer, but thinner and much easier than my Sensation. The camera slightly protrudes, but due to the frame, it will not spoil and will not break with time, as it sometimes happens with the Ideal Smartphone of the Sixth Generation. Under the camera is a single flash (I'll tell you about it separately). The jumper between the grilles of the speaker is about 0.5 mm, but this is not a mechanical damage, it was from the factory. Either it's a marriage, or it's specifically so that it does not break with time, rather the second, it's painfully neatly done. Adjust the volume on the left edge, turn on the right, press the buttons lightly and palpably. The central button is one, next to no touch. At the top end of the mini-jack, some very small hole (the second microphone?) And an unmovable transparent sticker "QUALCOMM 4G". At the bottom end of the microUSB and the microphone hole. Front: Speaker, indicator (far left), front camera (rightmost), proximity and light sensors (two near).
In short: the device is very well in the hand, pleasant to the touch and to the form, everything is logical and reasonable. No sharp edges, no cold iron, everything as it should be in a good smartphone for the user.
Smartphone, also in comparison with Sensation XE
Posted image
Posted image
Posted image
Posted image
Posted image

Battery and power
You can access the battery by removing the back cover, it is replaceable. It says on its own that it is a Li-ion battery of Chinese manufacture with a capacity of 7.6 W / h or 2000 mAh and a voltage of 380 volts. Has 4 contacts, for the installation of the Simka it must be removed. Charges from USB, if the smartphone is turned off, the screen lights up when connected, and the battery icon appears on it for 10 seconds, the screen turns off and the red indicator lights up. Generally, when charging it lights red. If the phone is disconnected from the power supply, the picture of the battery with a triangle appears on the screen, after 3 seconds it disappears. But the frog Vertex C-206 for some reason did not recharge it.
As for the autonomy and charge time itself, I can not yet say this, but it discharges at full brightness quite quickly. Then somehow. By the way, when the battery is discharged to 15%, the screen becomes minimally bright, and the indicator starts flashing red. And with a low charge, applications sometimes fly out even if you connect to the charging. FRT: the first 30% are charged in 40 minutes.
Battery
Posted image
Posted image
Posted image

System and applications
Immediately I can say: Tizen is a good OS. Beautiful, fast, smooth (with). This device for developers, i.e. Not mass, the iron is not top-end, but the OS still does not lag and works well! Samsung took care of the users, instead of thrusting them into the teeth of the "Perfect Operating System" that was liable and asking for another 47,000 rubles, as some other manufacturers do. Attitude is visible.
Now specifically. Boxed functional OS is in no way inferior to that on android. All is adjusted-fonts, sizes, color, yes yes. True, there is little detailed information about the system, but this is solvable. Traffic counter, task manager, file manager, everything is there. There are several Yandex applications. There is S Memo. There is mail, SMS, browser (very mediocre). The lockscreen is set. Sounds are adjusted. Power saving mode. The indicator flashes (not). There is a bagosbornik. The application menu opens with a swipe from the bottom to the top, and a very functional task bar-with the top down. Everywhere there are soft menu buttons and back, because There are no hardware ones. In a word, like in android, only better! I did not doubt, but now I'm sure finally that Tizen will hang an android like a tortoise god. The main thing is to pay attention to this axis and create a lot of applications.
Languages. There are a lot of languages ​​in the system, there is both Swedish and Russian. Glorious heroes also do not have to use the hated Russian, tk. They are also available. } -)
About memory. It's in the device 16 GB, of which the axis takes about four. Operatives as much as 2 gig, just like in SGS5, one and a half free! If desired, you can insert MicroSD and MicroSIM cards, they are inserted one above the other, and to change the HUBs do not need to remove the battery. It is read instantly. Internal memory is used to a large extent for user files, so if you want, you can live without a card.
A little bit about the processor. I have not found any information about it, but based on the available information about Cortex-A9 cores, this is Exynos 4412. Not Nvidia and not Rockchip, in fact! Its power is quite enough for the normal operation of the device.
Sound. Built-in media player is very functional, although not as convenient as NTS-shny. True, he hung several times, about what was later reported in the bagosbornik. The speaker of the device double is very loud, louder than in the Sensation and than in the PSP, and roughly equal to what is on the Acer W700 tablet. The sound quality is normal. Works with both headphones and speakers: the amplifier is very powerful. If you insert the headphones during playback, then it does not interrupt, but if you pull it out, it breaks-it's convenient! If you unscrew the sound to the maximum in headphones, a warning will sound in the taskbar that a long listening can lead to a worsening of hearing (Samsung is guarding your health!). Works great with complete XTsV headphones iBeats, even their headset, however, the track switch acts as a volume control. Out of the box there is a composition Over the horizon of the artist Samsung, this is quite normal composition in the style of electronic music, and not just a call or what.
Camera. Focuses faster than in Sensation, and shoots better (about the flash below). 8 megapixel, FullHD video, stabilization, timer, geo-tags, a bunch of modes and settings, even a simultaneous snapshot (this is when in the middle of the photo in the frame of the postage stamp your frontal face). At a charge below 15%, the flash does not flash (it is warned), when the charge is below 5%, the camera does not work. Frontalka at 1.3 MP, the video shoots in HD.
Speed. At full shutdown it takes 9 seconds, for a full switch-on for 16 seconds. During the on, off and restart, the blue indicator lights up. The shut-off button when depressed (not turned off) causes a sound to be turned off the lamp-type television set-box.
Special abilities. Type, for the deaf, blind and so on. There is a negative mode when all screen colors are inverted. Unfortunately, this is not screenshot, tk. You get a normal screenshot. Flashlight, too, for some reason in special abilities.
Many screenshots of good and different
On + Hush = Screenshot!
Posted image
Posted image
Posted image
Posted image
Posted image
Posted image
Posted image
Posted image
Posted image
Posted image
Posted image
Posted image
Posted image
Posted image
Posted image
Posted image
Posted image
Posted image
Posted image
Posted image
Posted image
Posted image
Posted image
Posted image
Posted image
Posted image
Posted image
Posted image
Posted image

Screen
According to my measurements, the screen diagonal is 4.5 "or slightly larger.There is no information about the screen resolution, but judging from the hardly discernible pixels it is the standard 1280x720. Still, this is, of course, the minimum for such a diagonal.Nevertheless, the screen is of a very high quality, The viewing angles are 178 degrees and the colors are not inverted in. The screen technology is obviously Amoled (namely HD Super Amoled +), which gives bright and rich colors. There are 3 modes (Dynamic, Standard, Movie), a non-switching function with a continuous view On him and a quick mood The brightness range is very wide: the minimum brightness is such that on the street even in the shade you can hardly see anything, but at night it is very comfortable and healthy to save the battery.

Flashlight
He received special attention. I must say that to this moment one of the pluses of Sensation, apart from good sound and good design, was a flashlight. Two powerful LEDs endured all iPhones and Samsung in phallometric competitions with friends! In Redwood, a single LED is installed. What is important is that there is no application for the flashlight, but it can be ignited through the accessibility settings (strange o.O) and the brightness is not adjustable. So, I decided to check it, and then ... Yop ..! Yes, he sharashit almost like a searchlight! A dual-core NTS-shny lantern can not be exactly so. Just in case, sfotkal, it is clear that there is little that can be seen, but according to the impressions Redwood shines in one and a half, and even 2 times brighter than the Sensation XE.
Posted image

To summarize, I can say that Samsung Redwood has turned out to be a very successful device with a wide range of functions. Oddly enough, Samsung did not launch the Z model in a free sale, it would be a bomb. And I advise all users and programmers to pay close attention to this system, which is much more convenient and more pleasant than the android. I do not doubt her success.

Still have questions? Write in the subject, I'll try to answer.
Posted image

Post has been editedLindström - 24.10.14, 21:32
Reason for edit: addition

--------------------
atom63
Message#14
11.10.14, 20:30
[Offline]

Xiaomi Mi 2S

Lindstrm,Read your review, and at some point it seemed very similar to the PR of Samsa, tk. Most of the listed chips are in the droid. I would like to know the situation with the applications

--------------------
Lindström
Message#15
11.10.14, 20:55
Towards demonopolization
[Offline]

* atom63,Perhaps I too enthusiastically described everything. I'm just really thrilled. There are two defects, but there are not many of them. The device is really ready for operation and does not look like something unfinished. Only here is the keyboard in a star.
About the repositions, the typoson repository did not climb yet.

This post is written on the device itself. Because of the stupid keyboard and a few non-writable letters it is difficult. How to repair the screen?

Posted on 10/11/2014, 20:55:

It's empty! It is exactly zero applications. It seems that they have not started yet.

--------------------
shoma_81
Message#16
12.10.14, 00:58
[Offline]

Group:Honorary Gameday
Date: 17.10.11
Xiaomi Mi 4 WCDMA

Lindström @ 11.10.2014, 21:55*
How to repair the screen?

If I'm not mistaken, then this model takes the case from previous models. Contact the neof service to the experts. Maybe they will pick it up.
Or look for the original itself and order the glass on Ali (Samsung completely change the module - glass + touch).
Man on a self-replacement glass on the flagships of Sams can be found in the subjectSamsung GT-I9300 Galaxy S III - Marriage / Repair. There like and links to the glass on Ali there.

Post has been editedshoma_81 - 12.10.14, 00:59

--------------------
The Forum is absent. QMS read once a week. To communicate with the moderators section, use the button "complaint".
Lindström
Message#17
12.10.14, 14:48
Towards demonopolization
[Offline]

I, probably, all the same will turn to Service. The sensor also bugs where they hit.

--------------------
Sergey_Ace
Message#18
12.10.14, 15:12
Innovator
[Offline]

Group:Moderators
Date: 04.12.06
LeEco Le Max 2

M
In connection with the lack of a profile section on the OS, the topic will live in the sectionAndroid - Devices

--------------------
Lindström
Message#19
13.10.14, 17:30
Towards demonopolization
[Offline]

So, after a couple of days of active study, the schools began to crawl out.

1) File manager. "Very functional" -to the standards of stock from the Android 4.2. If you compare it with Es Explorer, then, of course, it's not even close by. The most important of the detected disadvantages is the inability to change the file extension.
2) The media player. Stock in Sensation XE is much more functional, and it's very inconvenient to use Samsung. In addition, he twists all tracks in random order, and sorts by albums, artists and his playlists do not. But there is a reproduction of the folders and a certain musical square (not yet studied). In addition, sometimes flies.
3) WiFi. For some reason, it gets out on the Internet extremely rarely, it often produces "Web page is not available", although it connected to WiFi.
4) In principle, an uncomfortable leaving the application menu from the bottom. However, this is a matter of habit.

At the same time he climbed in the recovery (on + louder) and in the bios (on + quiet), there is nothing interesting.

--------------------
Lindström
Message#20
14.10.14, 19:38
Towards demonopolization
[Offline]

So, the review (the item about the screen) is supplemented and the link to it is added to the header. The review will be periodically updated and supplemented.

As for the device itself, I checked: applications from Android, Bada and MeeGo, in spite of the legend, do not work. Neither in its pure form, nor after changing the extension to tpk. Mythical converter apk2tpk, rumors of which go on the network, I did not find it (who found-share pls). Now I want to check the applications from clocks or cameras on Tizen, but I did not find it on the network (who has everything in this topic!). Waiting for November, then the Tizen Store will open and serial devices will be released. So far, I will use the subject instead of the player, as now I use PSP (still music in folders is very convenient).And on the last without firmware there is no gaming ... And on Redwood and even more so.

--------------------
Oasis52
Message#21
16.10.14, 09:52
User
[Offline]

Samsung Galaxy S7 EDGE SM-G935F

* Lindström,
When you flip into a landscape view, the letters work and you can answer the call.

2 pagesV12>

mobile versionNow is: 11 hours ago